Monday, November 1, 2010

Lions and tigers and crayons, oh my!

Trick or Treat!
The treat is that I'm actually blogging while the pictures are still fresh off the camera. The trick is. . .  trying not to smile when you look at the pictures.
Simon really wanted to be a train engineer, or a train. Yes, more trains. I mean, I love trains but c'mon, I have to draw the line somewhere, right?
So, a few days before Halloween I sat Simon down in front of the computer with me and we searched and searched through hundreds and possibley thousands of costumes. Luckily, in those pages and pages of costumes, he found one that was as cool as a train costume and simple enough that I could make it for him. (yay!!!)

A little bit of felt, flannel, cardstock, and velcro later we had this:
 Ta Da! The cutest green crayon on the block!
 I am happy to say that he loved his costume so much I could barely get him to take it off.

And if you are wondering, yes, his favorite color is green.

Ryan wore the lion costume I made 3 years ago.  The one I slaved over to sew on all the yarn for hair, just to learn that Simon hated the hat and wouldn't wear it.
It was even worse with Ryan. I couldn't even hold it on his head long enough to take a picture. And when I finally bribed him with candy and trains and he finally put it on for about 2 seconds, my camera battery died!!!
He was SO mad at me for making him wear the "Ryan Lion hat".  I gave up when he started ripping out the yarn hair. lol.


He made the cutest little Ryan the Lion, even without the mane.
He did like his tail. 

Saturday, we threw the annual Hall family Hall-oween party at our place. Everything was kind of last minute since I haven't been feeling all that great.
 These are the graveyard cupcakes I put together for the party. They were scrumptious chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter & cream cheese frosting rolled in crushed Reese's puffs (for dirt) and topped with white chocolate-dipped pretzel and marshmallow "bones"!
 Spooky!
Almost as scary as Simon's scary crayon face.

On Saturday after the party we took all of the kids to our ward Trunk-or-Treat. I left my camera behind so I have no pictures of all the fun stuff that went on there. There was tons more food, a witches' kissing booth (where they gave out chocolate kisses), a fish pond, a big spinning wheel, a pumpkin walk, and a donut on a string booth. Simon tried the donut-on-a-string game. So. Funny.

Everett, Keaton, Ezra, Alison, and Bailey all came along too. We all enjoyed dressing up, I wore my pirate costume from last year and Jeremiah dressed up as an old fat man! He had the best costume of the night and he threw it together in approximately 2 minutes.  Everyone thought he was the Ricola man. lol.
Good times.

Happy Halloween Everyone!

1 comment:

Mele said...

He does look like the ricola man! Looks and sounds like you guys had a great Halloween, even if you weren't feeling well!

Si and Ry

Si and Ry