Tuesday, October 12, 2010

This may seem a little corny. . .

yep. It's corn


Lots and lots of corn!

2 trash bags full of corn straight from the corn field. Thanks to Uncle Jeff for growing oodles of corn! And thanks to mom and dad for giving it to us.
We are thankful for our corny family!

What do you do with that much corn?
Shuck it, trim it, blanche it, cut it, bag it, freeze it.


Simon helped me search for caterpillars. They were his pets for a day. (yuck!)

It made me nostalgic for the days when I used to help my mom shuck buckets full of corn so she could stuff her freezer full. We made corny jokes about it back then too.


And what does 2 trash bags of corn look like when it's all done?
This made a nice addition to my compost bin.


Here is the finished product!

If you decide your family isn't corny enough you can come visit us.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Amy said...

Yum! Fresh corn! Lucky you. I'm impressed you put it ALL to good use. We're hoping to have a compost bin and a garden once we move into our house.

Mele said...

Jeni, you're so corny...he he! I'm jealous! I just sold my canner and have had restrain myself from storing food this fall. I'm trying to use up our short term food storage so we don't have to move it. It's so hard when it's practically in my DNA to store food. Ha ha.

Si and Ry

Si and Ry