Monday, October 27, 2008

Thrills and Chills, (and Candy too!)

When I was a little girl I loved Halloween! I remember making decorations for the house, throwing Halloween parties with my best friend, listening to our only Halloween cassette tape with scary noises over and over, and going through the costume box to find my Halloween costume. For some reason I always ended up as one of three things, Cookie Monster, Dracula, or a "Punk Rocker". I didn't even know what a Punk Rocker was back then. The only reason I wanted to dress up like that is because my sister Melesa thought is was cool (that meant it was cool!) Ahhh, memories. ;o)

It has been so fun to have our little 2 year old Simon get excited about Halloween this year. He still doesn't know what it is but he loves to get dressed up and he especially loves the candy. And to add even more fun, we get to dress up little Ryan too!


I don't have a costume for Halloween yet. I was thinking about being a bear. . . Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my! ;o)

Last night we went to a Halloween party at Dana's house (Jeremiah's sister). We all brought spooky food for a potluck and there were some really fun ideas. There was spider pizza, snake sandwiches, ghost cake, and a really amazing watermelon brian! Jeremiah made root beer witches brew (with dry ice) and I made a "dirt" graveyard. After dinner all the kids gathered around and painted pumpkins. I wish I would have taken pictures.

2 comments:

Mele said...

I love the lions, tigers and bears idea! That party sounds like so much fun! Love the grave yard and that brain is awesome!

Bjarnson Family said...

So fun.

Si and Ry

Si and Ry