Friday, August 12, 2011

Simon is in Kindergarten!

I knew this day was coming but I had no idea it would be here so soon. Simon just finished his first week of school and he is loving it! He is such a little smarty and he is so excited to learn about everything.
He got to pick out his outfit for the first day of school. His shirt choice: Lego Star Wars!
His first assignment from his teacher was for us to build his name tag to wear on the first day.
august 2011 060 copy
I can’t believe how grown up he looks!
I was more nervous than he was before the first day but once we got there and he lined up with his teacher I calmed down and I was really excited to see him start his first day. His teacher's name is Mrs. Dinet and she seems like a fun and creative person. Simon also has a boy from our ward in his class, so not everyone is a stranger.

He came home happy and extremely worn out. The hardest part of going to school is that he gets so tired that his emotions go crazy when he gets home. Another little boy in his class accidentally took home Simon’s lunchbox today and he was in tears about it. He wouldn’t talk about anything else. He missed his “favorite green lunch box.” The little boy’s mom called me and we will get his lunchbox back on Monday. To Simon that is an eternity.
Ryan has been handling the change really well. He tells me often that he misses Simon but I think he is really enjoying the extra attention. He is so much more calm and quiet when he doesn’t have to fight off his older brother.

1 comment:

Mele said...

Oh Jeni, he is so handsome, and so grown up! Where does the time fly to? I would be upset too, if I was five and my lunch box was stolen. Poor little guy. Does he have funny stories to tell you when he comes home? Jackson has already had some doozies. Ha ha.

Si and Ry

Si and Ry