Thursday, August 25, 2011

Mason’s Blessing

August 7th was a special day for our new baby. It was his blessing day! 

We had a ton of family show up to support Mason including Mason’s Grandma Udall, Uncle Jason, Grandma and Grandpa Hall, and his Great Grandma and Grandpa Udall, Great Uncles Ted and Chris, Jesse and Randi Udall, Karissa and Cabrena Hall, his Great Aunt Marie and her 4 boys, including Bryan, and his girlfriend Whitney.  I think that is everyone. We had a housefull!

Just before church started I dressed Mason in his white blessing outfit and shed a tear or two at how amazing he is and how Simon and Ryan wore the same outfit for their blessings.

I dried my eyes and we hurried off to church so we could get there in time to reserve enough seats for our entire entourage. I can’t even describe how good it felt to be sitting there amongst so many of the people I love so dearly. Even Jeremiah’s step-Grandpa Jake showed up and bore his testimony. Jeremiah’s Grandma passed away about 2 weeks before so we were happy to see Jake looking up-beat. (I need to post more about Jeremiah’s Grandma and her funeral, she was an AMAZING person!)

The blessing was beautiful. Jeremiah got to give him his blessing, as he has done with our other kids, and he is always so in tune with what the Lord wants him to say. He spoke about how Mason’s middle name, Henry, is very special because it came from his great-great grandpa William Henry Burk. He was one of the most incredible men I have had the privilege of knowing in my life. Mason was blessed to remember where his name came from and to try to be like his great great grandpa. There were other special promises and blessings given to him also.   Jeremiah got up later to bear his testimony and joked about how Mason is a chubby kid and how he got that from his mom’s side of the family. lol.

august-2011-044_thumb2

After Sacrament we all met back at our house for Pulled Pork Tacos, and yummy deserts. We had so many people show up that we ran out of food! All the pork was gone in no time  and the deserts disappeared even faster. I made a scrumptious Brownie Trifle. It’s one of my favorite deserts and it is so pretty.august-2011-052_thumb1

Here are a few pictures from the day. It was special and memorable. Some day I’ll be able to tell Mason about his blessing day and how much love we all have for this sweet little boy.

august-2011-041_thumb1

Before church; Cabrena got some quality cuddle time with Mason.

august-2011-045_thumb2

Jeremiah did NOT want his picture taken. But I had to get him in here since this day was special for him too. august-2011-047_thumb1august-2011-049_thumb1

This is the reason we ran out of food. boys.   Winking smile

august-2011-054_thumb1

This shot is blurry but I wanted to post it anyways. I love seeing Grandma Udall with my boys. She loves babies so much and she is the cutest Grandma! She was really enjoying her time holding Mason.

I wish I had more pictures to post. I did all of the cooking and most of the preparation and I didn’t have time to get more pictures. Next time I’m going to hand Jeremiah the camera. I’m so grateful for my Mother-in-Law. She helped me put all of this together! I don’t know what I would have done without her.

2 comments:

Mele said...

I'm so sad that we count be there for Mason's blessing. He needs his auntie Melesa in his life! He doesn't know what he is missing out on! Hehe. Seriously though, tell him to stop growing already. I can't figure out who he looks most like, but he sure is cute :) So glad his special day went well!

Mele said...

Dumb swype. Couldn't, not count.

Si and Ry

Si and Ry