Saturday, May 28, 2011

He's Here!

Mason Henry Hall
 Our sweet little Mason joined our family on May 25th at 11:32am. He weighed in at 8 lbs. 6 oz. and he was 20.5 inches long.
We arrived at the hospital at 10 pm on Tuesday the 24th to be induced. Once they got me settled in my room and the monitors attached my belly we discovered that I was already having labor contractions! I had been having contractions all that day but they weren't painful at all so I didn't think I was in labor. They started me on petocin at about midnight and I had contractions all through the night but they weren't painful so I waited, with almost no sleep, until morning. About 8:00 Dr. Huff showed up and broke my water. It was like the Hoover Dam had burst!  And we discovered that  this was the reason why my contractions hadn't been painful, there was too much fluid. Mason had his own personal swimming pool. lol.

3.5 hours and one epidural later our baby boy was born!



Simon and Ryan came by to see him with their Aunt Karissa and Simon fell in love with his little brother right away. He gave him kisses and stroked his dark hair, he told me and the baby how much he loved us.  It was the sweetest thing I have ever seen.
Ryan, on the other hand, tried his best to avoid his new brother. When we would ask him to come and say hello, or hold his brother, he would say "no" and walk away or hide.
It will take some time for Ryan to warm up to our newest member of our family.
 This was the closest Ryan got to the new baby.
Sue and Boone, a.k.a. Grandma Sue and Pappa, dropped by the hospital on Wednesday and Thursday to see Mason.

Simon and Ryan stayed with Karissa on Wednesday and Jeremiah went home Wednesday evening to take care of them. It was so nice to have his parents here to help too. I have the best in laws in the whole world!

We arrived back home on Thursday afternoon and Heidi, Jesse, and Randi all stopped by to see our new baby.

On Friday we packed up Simon and Ryan and sent them up to the mountains for Memorial Day weekend to spend some time with their cousins and grandparents. It has been so quiet and a little lonely here at home without them but it has made the transition of bringing home the new baby so much easier. I just can't wait to get my little boys back.

Welcome to our family Mason!
We are so incredibly happy that you are here with us. We love you so much already, and we will love you every day of the rest of your life and forever.

6 comments:

Just Us Two said...

Aw congratulations! He's such a pretty baby too.

Mele said...

Welcome baby Mason! We are so happy for your new addition and the pictures are great Jeni! Can't wait to hold him.

Kari Whiting said...

congrats!!! I wish I looked as good as you do after having a baby, you looked amazing! I can already tell what a cute little guy he is going to be, plus he has some pretty adorable brothers so he's surely going to be a stud!!

Amy said...

He's so handsome! Congrats!! I'm so excited for you guys. There's something so special about having a brand newborn around.

kdparry said...

What a beautiful baby (and family)! Congratulations Jenifer and Jerimiah! You have the beautiful family! 3 boys rock too! (hee hee hee).

Becca said...

CONGRATS!!! He's perfect!

Si and Ry

Si and Ry