Friday, October 2, 2009

Diggin' some dirt

One of my favorite sayings is "A boy is a noise with dirt on it."

Myboys proved this to be true today, not once but twice!

I let the boys into the backyard to play for 5 minutes while I got ready this morning and when I came out Ryan was COVERED from head to toe with dirt! He had so much dirt in his hair that he actually looked like he really had hair :)
Simon had thrown handful after handful of dirt on his brother's head. The worst part is that we were supposed to be headed to the park for a ward playdate in 10 minutes!

Oh, and FYI, Simon has discovered that if you move the decorative rocks in the backyard there is dirt underneath. Brown gold.


So, I brushed them off, stuck them in the bath, scrubbed all the dirt out of their hair, nose, ears, etc., and found fresh clean clothes. We made it to the park (almost an hour late) and had a great afternoon.

Then, as I was fixing dinner, the boys snuck outside again to play. This is the scene I found:

Yep, Round Two of "How dirty can we get while mom isn't paying attention". This time I just laughed and let them play in the dirt until dinnertime. Boys will be boys.

3 comments:

Erica said...

Cute! I wish I would have known you were at the park today...we would have met you there! I'm back to work, but am off on Fridays. Maybe we can get together one of these Fridays! Hope all is well with you and the dirty boys!

Mele said...

I love it! Poor little Ryan looks like he didn't know what hit him.

Amy said...

Wow, it looks like they're having the time of their lives! You're such a good mom to be so relaxed about it. I think I'm too uptight. Or maybe it's because I had a girl first? Both my kids hate having their hands dirty.

Si and Ry

Si and Ry